Editor, mom, and coffee lover addicted to all things paranormal.
**Please note: I am offering this service independently. What I do here, through the blog, has nothing to do with the publishing houses that I work with.**
I can perform different levels of editing, depending on your needs.
*Please note: copyedits and proofreading are not included in the developmental edits. It doesn't make much sense to do line edits when the content of the story is likely to change. If you would like me to do copyedits or proofreading after you complete your changes, I am more than happy to work with you on pricing.*
I figured my prices by taking into account the Editorial Freelancers Association common editorial rates, my average editing pace, and the fact that I want to be able to help authors. All of my prices are approximately half of what you will find on the EFA site, and I believe they are fair.
*pages are based on 250 words per page, Times New Roman 12pt font, double-spaced*
When an agreement has been reached, I require payment of 50% of the total cost up front. The other 50% will be billed once the edits are complete.
If an agreement is reached and you hire me to edit your manuscript, you agree:
- to NOT hold me responsible for any aspect of your book's outcome (edits are done in track changes of word, giving you the option to accept or reject each one, so the responsibility of your book's final outcome ultimately falls back on you)
- to your book title being posted here, on this page, showing that I did work for you
- that no one is perfect and mistakes will happen (no one can catch absolutely EVERYTHING)
- your payment will include ONE read through (*Note: if you hire me for content edits and want me to do copyedits/proofreading after you make the suggested changes, a discount will be given).
- refunds will NOT be given after the editing is completed
Please include the following in your email:
*a sample of the work (up to ten pages) This will be edited and sent back to you before any commitments are made. I want the experience to be good for both of us. You are entitled to see how I edit before committing, and I am entitled to see what I am getting myself into before committing to take on the project
*genre and word count of the work you are considering me for
*proposed deadline for completion of edits
* * * * *
Please be aware! More often than not, I have multiple projects in the queue at all times. Editing projects will be completed on a first come, first serve basis. Please contact me early to ensure I have enough time to get through your book before your release date.
Epitaphs from the Afterlife by Autumn Rosen